As Southern Californians, we are truly spoiled. We don’t contend with snow, sleet, or even very much rain most years. While people in other parts of the country are digging out of their homes just to get to work, we usually stroll out the front door to crisp sunny skies. No wonder Greater Pasadena real estate is so expensive! Our weather is truly incredible.
Well, this year has given us a bit more winter weather. It has rained more this season than in most of the past few years combined. Here in Altadena CA, we even had a wild hail storm the other night that left the ground covered in white. All of this rain is great for the drought but is putting a bit of a crimp in our daily outdoor lifestyles!
Each time we have a little reprieve from the rain, we must take the chance to get outdoors, breathe in some fresh air, and experience the beauty of the winter landscape. What better way to do this than planning a picnic at a beautiful Greater Pasadena location!
- Charles S. Farnsworth Park, 568 E. Mount Curve Ave., Altadena
- Echo Mountain Picnic Area, Angeles National Forest (this one will take a little hike!)
- Lacy Park, 1485 Virginia Rd., San Marino (my fav!)
- Caltech Campus, 1200 E. California Blvd., Pasadena (soak in the smarts!)
- Hahamongna Watershed Park, Oak Grove Dr. between Berkshire Pl. and Foothill Blvd., Pasadena
- Library Park, 1100 Oxley St., South Pasadena
A picnic would not be complete without food and drink! What about picking up gourmet take-out and the drink of your choice from one of these wonderful establishments.
- Julienne Gourmet Market, 2651 Mission Street, San Marino (I love the chicken fingers!)
- Porta Via Italian Foods, One W California Blvd., Pasadena (Great salad bar!)
- Nicole’s Gourmet Market, 921 Meridian Ave., Unit B, South Pasadena (fantastic cheese selection!)
- Cafe de Leche, 2477 Lake Ave, Altadena (what about a coffee and pastry?)
I would love to hear about any added suggestions! Happy winter picnicing!
To learn more about the Pasadena real estate market, read Greater Pasadena Real Estate Under $1M is Hot!